Sunday, August 4, 2013

Salem: Chapter 4.1 "Slimeball"

Last time with the Diffys, Salem skipped school to hang out with Maura, told Ashley about the love letters from Bridgette, and grew into a young adult! Woo! This time...

The party continues.
Cinnamon Bun: "Deana, I'm going to have to ask you to stop behaving so..."
Emily: "Insanely!"
We are dealing with a rude guest.
 Laura: "Deana is so weird."
 Laura: "Wow, it's gotten really messy around here. There are dirty dishes everywhere!"
 Bridgette: "Well we did all just eat cake, so it's kind of expected. Mr. Diffy is cleaning it up right now anyway!"
 Ashley and Bridgette seem to be getting along well together.
 You might want to back up just a little...


 Ashley: "Great party Sal!"
Bridgette: "Definitely!"
Salem: "Thanks guys, I'll see you later!"
 Maura: "Salem!"
 Maura: "Happy birthday again!"
Salem: "Thanks, I'm really glad to be out of school now. I think it'll give me more time spend with the people that I want to."
 Salem: "One of those people being you. I really like you, Maura."
Maura: "I like you, too. We're good friends."
Salem: "I didn't mean that I like you as a friend."
Maura: "Then what--"
 Maura: "--dommfff--"

 Maura: "Salem! Is this how you feel about me?"
Salem: "Yes!"

 Maura: "I--I like you too. I just didn't know that you felt the same."
Salem: "For a genius, I'm pretty stupid sometimes, aren't I? I should have told you a long time ago. I guess I'm not only a procrastinator in school, but also in my personal life."
 Salem: "What is it with Teddy? How seriously do you feel about him?"
Maura: "I'm going to have to think about this. I didn't know you had feelings for me, and that's why I accepted his sudden interest. Plus I was more than a little drunk that night. I'm not too sure if he even likes me."
 At the ping pong table, C.B. and Emily are blissfully unaware of their son's drama. Or they pretend to be, while eavesdropping.
 Maura: "One thing's for sure..."


Maura: "This was a fantastic party."
 Salem: "Mom, I hope you can back me up when I say that I know Teddy is no good for Maura."
 Emily: "I can't agree totally; I don't know Teddy Singles. But I can see that you have feelings for Maura, and if she returns those feelings then she won't feel right with him."
 Emily: "I do hope that you are not getting yourself into trouble with all this."
 Salem: "C'mon, Mom, I can handle myself."
 Salem: "Even if I end up having to smack Teddy in the slimy face."
Cinnamon Bun: "Hey guys!...I like this music."
 Emily: "Oh! You probably haven't seen this, but..."
 Emily: "It's a cat! Playing a keyboard!"
 Salem: "Keyboard cat...right..."
 Salem: "I've only seen that a million and one times...still funny, though."
Emily: "Well, I just thought it might cheer you up. Never gets old?"
 Salem: "You cheering me up? Never gets old."
 Salem: "What to do now that I'm tipsy..."
Fireworks!

Cinnamon Bun: "You seem a little grumpy today."
Salem: "These pancakes have raspberries in them. I don't like raspberries."
Emily: "I think he's still upset that Maura married Teddy so suddenly."
Cinnamon Bun: "Oooh."
Salem: "It's the raspberries. They're too sour, and they ruined my pancakes."
 Look who just happens to be passing by.
 Maura: "Is Salem here, Mr. Diffy?"
Cinnamon Bun: "Yeah, he's right over there on the deck." *points in opposite direction of deck*
Maura: "Um...I guess I'll go see him, then."
 Salem: "Maura!"
Maura: "Glad to see me?"
 Salem: "I am. It's just that was having thoughts that maybe you were mad at me. The kiss was sudden..."
 Maura: "It was sudden. I can't say I didn't like it though. Well, I could, but I would be lying."
 Salem: "Have you said anything to Teddy?"
 Maura: "I told him that I was thinking about a divorce..."
 Maura: "And he--he acted like he didn't care! I think my parents were right. I thought they were being paranoid, but..."
 Maura: "...I think he wanted me for their money."
 Salem: "Maura, that's--that's just terrible!"
 Interruptions from the fire alarm are not uncommon in this household.
 Maura: "I need to get him out of my life, that's for sure!"
 C.B. is pumped!
 First he must check his Youtube feed. Ok, knock it off!
 Bust through the back door!
 Cinnamon Bun: "Jill Grunt-Smith--"
Jill: "That's Smith-Grunt!"
 Cinnamon Bun: "Either way, you need to get out of here! Hurry, out the back door!"
 Ami Beaker is important.
She was the last Sim Cinnamon Bun saved to complete his Lifetime Wish! Thanks for putting your life on the line, Ami!

Emily congratulates C.B. on achieving his Lifetime Wish.
 Maura: "You really ought to rethink your life's ambitions, Teddy. Being rich isn't everything."
 Teddy: "Wow, you saying that has really made all the difference. I'm going to turn around and be a brand new person now!"
 Teddy: "You really have no idea what you're talking about! It's easy to say those kinds of things when you grew up in a mansion."
 Teddy: "Why don't you just go back to your mom and dad so that they can take care of you! I'm sure it's better than my broken family."
 Maura: "If you'd rather have my parents, then I have no problem switching! Being around Loki and Circe Beaker is no picnic, let alone being their firstborn child."
Teddy: "Well lookie, Diffy is here to break us up again."
 Salem: "Excuse me? Maura made that decision herself once she figured out what a gold-digging slimeball you are."
 Caught between them, Maura? Having second thoughts?
 Maura: "As if! You are disgusting, Teddy. Marrying you was a huge mistake, but I'm fixing it."
Teddy: "Y'know, for a Beaker you were a lot easier to fool than I expected."
Teddy: "I mean, your parents are mad genius scientists, but you..."
Salem: "Maura, please, let me--"
 Maura: "No, Salem! I don't want this to turn into a brawl!"
 Ami: "Maura! I saw you from across the street."
 Ami: "My mom wanted me to ask you how your mother is, Teddy? How is the llama doing?"
Teddy: "My mother is not--!"
 Ami: "And my father said that if he ever hears of your scheming again, he won't have to look far for his next 'nervous subject'."  :)
 Ami: "Yeah, keep running."
Maura: "Thanks Ami."
Ami: "No problem. I'll leave you guys to yourselves."
 Salem: "Are you ok?"
Maura: "I think so. I'm glad you're here."
 Salem: "I don't want to rush you, you don't have to answer right away, but I want to ask you..."
 Salem: "...would you like to be my girlfriend?"
Maura: "Yes, Salem. I would like that."


 This turtle is important.
That turtle was the last small animal that Emily needed to complete her Lifetime Wish! Thanks for lying on the ground long enough for me to notice you and send Emily over!
 C.B. can now congratulate her.
 Salem: "I'm...uh...I'll be outside."


  Salem: "Drinking."
 Ice cream!

 Salem: "There really isn't anywhere to sit here."
There's a picnic table--
Salem: "I'm going to the junkyard!"
Have it your way.
 Salem: "Now this is comfortable."
 I have not given Salem's stats yet, so I will now. Salem is a grumpy, dramatic slob but also a workaholic genius. His Lifetime Wish is to be a Chess Legend. His favorite color is still yellow.
 Salem: "I plan to be a chess legend someday. People won't dare to question my mastery because it will be renowned throughout Simnation."
 Salem: "For now, though, I think I need to make some money. The Diffy house is rather cramped as it is now."
 Salem: "Hmm..."
 Salem: "Mom would love this lizard."

 Hey Salem, what's that building?
Salem: "What? I think that's the headquarters for The Human Fund."
 Salem: "Huh, maybe they'd give me a job. I am wearing clean laundry today."
 Cinnamon Bun: "Your wrist is quite dainty; I think you could be a hand model."
Tattooist: *cries tears of joy* "That is what I've always wanted, Diffy!"
 I decided to let C.B. have some final tattoos.
Tattooist: "There it is. All done!"
 Tattooist: "Wait, now that I see the whole picture, that is one ugly tattoo."
Cinnamon Bun: "The fish is in honor of my wife."
Tattooist: "Booo!"

Next time: More romancing with Salem and Maura, plus a pool party disaster.

6 comments:

  1. Aw! Yeah! I'm glad Salem went for Maura even though he had to break up her marriage.
    Congrats on Emily & C.B. getting their LTWs.
    And yay for Ami being there when needed, two times. =D
    I loved the wrist thing with the tattooist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too, I really like Maura, Ami, and the rest of their family (though their parents are constantly fighting).

      Thanks! C.B. and Emily are set.

      That was one emotional tattoo artist.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Haha. Oh gosh. CB is hilarious. And that whole tattoo bit was great.
    I'm happy that Salem and Maura are together! I'm also happy that she got away from her money grubbing husband. I hope he doesn't come back somehow to make her life miserable in a new way...
    Emily is a great mom. Cat videos are the best way to cheer someone up! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The tattoo artist was a little rude, booing her customer.

      The last I remember, Teddy is married to an elderly woman, but I can't remember who. Maybe that will keep him happy a while.

      Haha, she tries.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. I guess Salem has caught up to Maura's speed, lol It seems that her quickie marriage to Teddy was ill fated, and Teddy was a rotter. I loved how Ami came to the rescue though.

    This line: Salem: "You cheering me up? Never gets old." Sweetest line. Awww, what a beautiful thing to say. Salem is a sweetie! =)

    I love how the sims love to eat their ice cream at the junk yard. Those must be some pretty cushy seats, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was kind of frustrated when Story Progression plucked Maura away a literal day before Salem grew up! I had to think of a way for her to leave Teddy, I hope it makes sense, lol.

      I was a little hesitant to add that line, as it is really cheesy. It is sweet though. :)

      Haha I don't know where they got this idea to take their ice cream over there, it beats me. But "things happen" there, and it is more exciting than just eating at home.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete