Sunday, December 29, 2013

Salem: Chapter 4.4 "Settling In"

Hello finally once again! I've been on holiday break for almost three weeks now; wow am I lazy. Sorry about that. Hopefully I can get out a few more chapters before I return to school.

Last time with the Diffys, Salem and Maura were married! This time...


The Diffys are moving to a new house.
 This is Serenity, built by Curtis Paradis (find it here)
 When Maura moved in, she brought her cat, Gilbert, with her. I can go cat crazy again?
Salem: just moved in. #bare #stillawesome #party #byob
 Soccer is fun.
 Until you figure out that you suck at it.
Salem: "I give up. Soccer is dumb."
Sore loser.
 I like having a cat in the house again.


 Well I can see why you look so grumpy. XD
Salem: "Grr."
 The Diffys have a pool now, which is extra nice in the desert.
 Maura: "Enough swimming. Must read now."
I think Maura is a secret bookworm. What? You don't know any of her traits yet? Well here are her stats: Maura is a mean-spirited yet good genius who is also artistically clumsy. Her favorite color is sea foam. Her LTW was to be a World Renowned Surgeon, but I eventually used lifetime rewards to change it to Perfect Mind, Perfect Body.
 Think he's had enough sleep?
Maura: "I'm going to find out. Saaaaalem!"
 Maura: "Had a nice nap?"
Salem: "Definitely. I feel refreshed."
 Salem: "How do you like the house?"
Maura: "It's great! We just need to furnish it."
 Small talk over. I'll just...be going now.
 Cinnamon Bun: "Soccer is awesome!"
 I'm watching you, Gilbert.
 Maura's favorite music is country.
Maura: "Sweet thiiiiing!"
 I think her dancing is cute.
Emily: "I'm watching you, Gilbert."
 I guess Gilbert was good since Emily threw him a little treat.
 Maura quit her job at the hospital to work at the day spa.
Maura: "If I'm going to understand the town I've got to work my way from the bottom. This will help me later when I buy the place!"
 Lakeshia: "Wow, I didn't know you were so mean, Maura!"
Maura: "I'm not mean, I'm honest!"
 Lakeshia: "Honest? I could do without so much honesty, then."
Maura: "Look, I don't even remember how this started, so I'm going to walk away now."
 Maura: "Woo, that is one big rock on my finger!"
I leave you alone and you start picking fights...
 The other Diffys joined Maura at the festival. Emily is getting good at roller skating.
 Now pie!
 Maura: "I won?"
Emily: *choke*
 Emily: "Ugh, I don't think that was really worth it."
 Emily: "Oh no...pie sneeze..."
 Salem: "Hmm."
 I'm not sure if pie kisses would be disgusting or awesome...
 Oh! Emily's birthday.

 Emily: "Do I still look good?"
Cinnamon Bun: "Gorgeous as always, Emily."
 This is how Gilbert catches a guinea pig.
 A guinea pig that had bird feathers stuck to it?
Gilbert: "Don't you worry about where the feather came from."

Cinnamon Bun: "My favorite! Does this mean you like me?"
Of course I do, C.B. Even though it seems like I'm neglecting you lately.

Next time: Emily will go in search of a ghostly presence.

Also, I kind of want to start adding chapter titles. Thoughts about this? How do you guys come up with titles? Mine might end up being random sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! lol, Gilbert's guinea pig catching...
    Their new house looks pretty! And I feel bad for Emily getting old. I hate my sims aging :(
    I wonder if Maura and Salem can expect a baby soon? :) Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Welcome back! I've seen you commenting on my blog, so I knew you weren't dead ;)

    To get chapter titles, I pick one or two words or a phrase that can either sum up the chapter, or one scene of a chapter, or just something I particularly liked at the time. Make them as random as you like ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought the feather was hilarious!

      Sim aging is a little sad, but at least there is the next generation to look forward to. I think Salem and Maura may get on that soon. :)

      Thanks for the welcome! I've been trying to keep up with everyone else's blogs, even if I don't my own.

      I like random titles, or titles that seem random until you read the whole story. I'd like to go back and add titles to all my chapters, but that seems like a lot of work lol.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Gilbert! I love the cats in your legacy, so I'm glad Maura brought one. =)
    Maura picking fights is hilarious.
    Aw, Emily getting old is sad.
    But Gilbert hunting guinea pig was awesome.
    I also do titles from phrases in the chapter usually. One of my legacies, I tries to use song titles or lyrics for every chapter titles (that one had two musicians as founders, plus a musician in gen 2, so that's where that came from) but it got hard keeping that up. So now I do titles from the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm hoping to have a cat family again. :)

      Maura is a little scary sometimes. She and Lakeshia just had a difference of opinion, lol.

      Oooh I like the idea of using phrases from the chapter. Song titles are good too.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete