Hi there! It's been a little while, (my last post was on April 20, and I generally have a goal of updating twice a month) but let's just say that morale has been low. Just kidding, mostly. I went on a 5-day vacation at the beginning of May, and I've just been lazy ever since, I suppose (at least about blogging). But! The lovely and kind FutureCarrie of the Matthews Random Legacy nominated me for a Liebster award!
Thank you so very much; this may be the little pep I needed to push me back into writing about my Simmies. ^_^
Here are the Liebster Award rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are my nominations, and if you've already been nominated don't feel like you have to answer my questions too, I just think you deserve some recognition:
1. FutureCarrie Nevermind that I know you've already been nominated, I just wanted to say that your dedication and love for writing really shows in your blog, and I'm glad I went back and read the story from the beginning.
2. Big Mud Updates often, doesn't try to use a lot of plot, but I'm still very interested in the characters and where they go. This is why I like to read Sims stories; it's just about life and where it leads.
3. MeganPagan Updates every single day of her Sims' lives. And makes each day interesting. I know I couldn't do that.
4. MissMiserie I've been reading her legacies since The Southern Prettacy; now she's working on The Pokemon Rainbowcy and FISBI. Always cracks me up and puts me in a better mood.
5. Nirar Had to go back and read this story from the beginning; such pretty Sims, intricate relationships, and fascinating stories from them.
6. YangtheCat Has been playing and making stories since The Sims, which I really admire. Has several blogs, but the one I linked is for Revolver, the Brannon Random Legacy; I like how this story has shown many different relationships, and that no one thing is right for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.
7. Becky I love the way she tells stories. Very simple, but if you keep reading it goes deeper than you expect. And yet, it has a light tone that I've always enjoyed.
8. ConvictedDreamer Gorgeous Sims portray a sometimes dark story that has caught me off guard lately. Dramatic and enjoyable read.
Now that I've nominated quite enough people, I'll answer Carrie's questions:
1. How did you come across the challenge? I had started reading Sims challenge blogs and though I wanted to start something like that myself. It's been a little while, but I think I just google searched and the Random Legacy Challenge was among a list of suggested challenges for The Sims 3. Then I found the thread on ModTheSims and decided to try it.
2. What is your favourite saying? I'll answer that with a quote from a youtube makeup artist: "You're more beautiful than you know, more talented than you think, and more loved than you can imagine." ~Kandee Johnson
3. What’s your worst pet peeve? Being asked to do something when I'm already doing it.
4. You can have one superpower, what would it be? Telekinesis. Would make cleaning a lot easier, and less gross.
5. What was the first Sims game you owned? My brother had the first The Sims, and we would all play it on our home computer. The first one I owned was The Sims Vacation expansion, which I got for a Christmas gift.
6. Do you have any tattoos/piercings? (I’m curious, lol). I have my earlobes pierced, and the cartilage pierced on my right ear, which is more recent. I want to get a tattoo in the future but I want to make sure it's exactly what I want, save up the money, and build up my pain tolerance, ha!
7. What do you love most about yourself? (Go ahead, be vain). Hmmm I think I'd say my patience and ability to keep a level head in most situations.
8. Who is your favourite CC creator and why? Paintstroke! I love her retextures, especially the more unusual ones because I can't find that anywhere else.
9. What’s your favourite thing about Sims 3? Seeing my family grow over generations; how different and similar they look, and how far they've come.
10. Why do you have the name you do on here? Like, why is your nickname/username/whatever-it’s-called what it is? My username on blogspot is because those are the things which I would consider to be the things I am most passionate about (God, reading, crafts). When I created the account, I had the idea that I would create a blog for each of them, but that didn't happen, lol. My other nickname, heatherfeather19, is because my name is Heather, feather rhymes, and I was 19 at the time I started the ModtheSims account.
11. If you could be any animal (extinct, mythical or still around) what would you like to be? A chipmunk. They're just so cute, and free!
Questions for my nominees:
1. How many places have you lived?
2.What month is your birthday?
3. Are you left-handed or right-handed? (I'm curious if there are any other lefties like me).
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What's your favorite kind of drink? (Coffee, tea, water, vodka...)
6. Mountains or beach?
7. What made you want to start blogging?
8. If you could only have one mod/cc item what would it be?
9. What's your favorite chapter that you've written?
10. Do you like making simselves/sims based on people in your life?
11. How many generations have you ever played a family? (And how long did it take in real life time?)