Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Kim and Jane: Chapter 5.4 "Spitting Image"

Last time with the Diffys, Kim and Jane went to college and got into some shenanigans, but also studied between everything. At the end of two weeks, they came home. They still have a few credits to get before they have their degrees. And, oh yeah, Kim's ghost state glitched out. This time...

Kim's ghost state wasn't the only thing that glitched out and disappeared. All my festival  and photobooth photos are blank now, and all my research to fix this has seemed to turn up nothing. I even tried to bring C.B. in from an older save with the photos, but they were blank when I moved him into town. I'm honestly pretty annoyed by this.
 Jane: "Ever since we got back from college, you've become, um, un-transparent! Is that weird?"
Salem: "It seems that my experiments are having ongoing effects that--"
Kim: "Dad, stop talking. Where's Mom anyway?"
 Maura: "I'm here! And I'm honestly glad to really see you, Kim."
Jane: "Well, I'm here too."
Maura: "Of course you are, Jane. I wanted to talk to you both."
 Maura: "Have you been upstairs yet? Have you seen her?"
Kim: "No, we really just got here."
Jane: "Who's 'her'?"
Maura: "Well, you know your father has a great enthusiasm for science."
 Kim: "Humph, I suppose that is one way of describing his affinity for treating me as an experiment."
Maura: "You wouldn't be alive if not for--"
Kim: "Nevermind, just go on."
 Maura: "Ok. Well before your grandmother Emily died, your father collected some DNA from her. Hair, saliva, whatnot."
 Maura: "He explained how he did it to me, but I won't go into the details; from that DNA he grew a clone of Emily from an embryonic state."
Jane: "What?!"
Kim: "Why?!"
 Maura: "Look, I don't think that you were aware of this, but long before you two were born your grandfather nearly died. Emily was never quite the same after that. She had these strange notions of visiting the graveyard looking for ghosts. She wanted to find something, and your father thinks that this is the answer. Don't look at me, I can't explain it exactly. I just know that he adored his mother, and he feels like he owes this to her."
 Jane: "This is the weirdest thing ever."
 Kim: "Look in the mirror. In fact, just look at me. I'm a ghost, we're both 'rainbows'. What is weird?"
 Jane: "But everyone will assume this is our parents' baby! Isn't that weird? Their only real kids are full grown! They can't be having babies."
 Kim: "But just look at her!"
 Kim: "She's just so cute! You can't blame her for what our dad did."

I have named Emily's clone "Emmie". She is my fulfillment of Salem's generation goal, which is Awesome. Salem had to reach level nine in the science skill before he was able to make clones. I was also racing against the clock because I was afraid that Emily would die before Salem was at a high enough level to collect her DNA. But, luckily, that didn't happen. He's been carrying her DNA in his pocket for quite a while. I hope that this is sufficiently "awesome". I have decided to also count Emmie as one of the children for Kim and Jane's generation because if I didn't I would have to kick her out now, and I really don't want to do that.
 The Beaker-Subjects are over for a little get together.
 It is also Maura's birthday.
 Stop cheering like you have a chance now, Bridgette.

 Salem shows Maura his love.
 The next night is Emmie's birthday.

 I am really excited to see what Emily looks like through the different age stages.
 Emmie shares Kim's favorite couch potato hobby of watching TV.
 Kim: "So, do you like her now?"
 Jane: "Silly, how could I not like her? She's just the cutest."
 One night, C.B. is woken by noises in his bedroom.

 C.B. follows Emily's apparition downstairs, where Emmie is playing.
 Cinnamon Bun: "What do you think? Salem made Emmie for you."
 Emily: "It's surprising. If he were to clone anyone, I would have expected it to be you."
Cinnamon Bun: "I was already given a second and third chance, Em. Now it's your turn."
 Cinnamon Bun: "I, uh, feel a little nervous after you've been gone for so long."
Emily: "Is there something you want to tell me?"
 Cinnamon Bun: "Just that I still love you, I miss you everyday, and I'd really like to kiss you right now."

Emily: "I love you, Bunny."

Next time: Kim and Jane will return to Sims University.

4 comments:

  1. That's a neat spin on the Awesome roll! Emmie is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I wanted something fairly challenging, and I didn't have the money to build something like a museum. I went with this because Salem is a genius, and the science skill seemed to fit with that.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. That was pretty awesome! LOL, at Salem carrying around DNA in his pocket, though. But, yeah, my Julian has some DNA samples in his pockets as well, though I doubt he'll have the opportunity to make clones.
    But it will be great to see Emmie growing up. I wonder if it will be weird for her to encounter Emily's ghost when she's older.
    I hate the blank picture glitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I think it's funny that first they're given samples of their own DNA too. I had to get rid of those so that only Emily's DNA was possible for a clone.

      We'll see about her and Emily's ghost in future chapters. :)

      Ugh, I'm still annoyed by that.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete