Thursday, October 8, 2015

Aidan: Chapter 6.3 "Grumpy Friends"

Last time with the Diffys, Thad started a garden, we had a leisure day pool party, and ended with Aidan waiting for Margarita. This time...

Aidan: "I wonder if something happened to her..."
 Then we found out she's a no-show.
 Wanda: "Aidan?"
 Wanda: "What are you doing here all dressed up?"
Aidan: "I thought I was meeting Margarita, but she texted me that she can't make it."
 Wanda: "Well, you know she's dating Jack Torrance-McGinnis? And they recently got engaged."
 Aidan: "Well I had heard that they might be dating, but I didn't know personally."
Wanda: "Do you not check SimBook?"
Aidan: "I haven't had too much free time lately..."
 Wanda: "Well, since your all ready to go, would you mind if I joined you for lunch?"
Aidan: "No way! I'm so hungry, let's go!"
 In the outdoor dining area, we find Andrew talking to himself.
 Andrew: "Yeah the whole Mac vs. PC thing...I don't want to get into a huge debate, but..."
 Of course Aidan picks the table right smack next to him.
 Wanda: *whisper* "Is he going to stare at us this whole time?"
Aidan: *whisper* "Don't look him in the eye."
 Aidan: "We haven't really talked since we both aged up. How are things for you lately?"
 Wanda: "I'm quitting as a professional actor, and I don't know what I want to do in life."
Lovely start.
 Aidan: "Really? You seemed to love acting when we were teens."
Wanda: "Yeah, but that was just for obnoxious bragging rights, and I don't want to be that way anymore."
 Wanda: "Besides, I've seen myself on TV, and I wasn't very good. Only reason I started acting was because my mom is a director, and pushed me so much to do auditions. I honestly feel like I lost something by doing that so young. You remember how late I'd be at work."
 Aidan: "Yeah, I once waited at your house a full hour and a half when your brother wouldn't let me in."
Wanda: "Randy's still pretty immature. I'd say he takes after our mother."
 Aidan: "Is she really that bad?"
Wanda: "Probably not from the outside looking in, but I hate living with her. I don't even mind my stepfather; he's too good for her, really. But now she's pregnant and she still tries to micromanage the household, and makes crazy demands."
 Ah. I see Andrew is not really crazy, but talking to someone who is stuck in the cement.
 Floor: "So you single?"
 Aidan: "Maybe you should just move out."
Wanda: "I'd love to! But with finishing up my last acting contracts, I haven't had too much free time. They are really trying to get as much from me while they can."
 Andrew: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES?! They're freaking CLASSICS!"
Him being shoe-less makes him look extra crazy. xD
 Aidan: "I hope you don't think it was time wasted spent with me, then."
Wanda: "Oh, no! I enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me vent a little."
 Oh. My. Goodness.
 The floor apparently got sick of Andrew's ranting and left the conversation to read a book.
Floor: "Books are always better than the movie, duh."
 Wanda: "Time flies. This was fun."
 Aidan: "I'm really glad we ran into each other. Would you want to hang out more often?"
 Wanda: "Yeah. This made me miss when we were friends."

Wanda: "You've got my number."

I love when the cats play in bathtubs.


Mr. Pickles: "That started as a game, and ended with water." *shudder*
 The next day Aidan visits Wanda after work (they moved when her mother remarried).
 And there is the afore-mentioned Caroline Bingley, sister of Emmie's husband Charles Bingley. She is based on the character from Pride and Prejudice, so she is actually mean-spirited, but I don't remember her other traits.
 Wanda does not appreciate her presence.
 Wanda: "Is she really just going to stand there?"
 Wanda: "Grrrr."
Aidan: "Wanda, I think I just realized something."
 Caroline: "Are you starting dinner soon?!"
Wanda: "No Mom! My friend Aidan is here now."
 Aidan: "Are you grumpy?"
Wanda: "Yes, how did you know?"
 Aidan: "Takes one to know one, haha!"
 Wanda: "Nice! We have something in common."
 Aidan: "Hey, I've got a serious question for you, something I was thinking about last night."
 Aidan: "Would you like to move into my house? Not in a creepy way or anything, I just want to help you out."
Wanda: "Really? Are you sure?"
 Aidan: "Yes! It wouldn't be a problem."
Wanda: "Then I'd love to!"
 So Wanda is joining the household. Her traits are: slob, grumpy, irresistible, artistic, and neurotic. I love neurotic Sims! They remind me of Phil. Her favorites are: soul, grilled salmon, and red.
 Aidan: "Hey, Mom, don't be mad at me, but--"
 Aidan: "--I invited Wanda to live here. She said yes."
Kim: "Oh, well, that's fine."
 Kim: "Are you guys, um, together?"
 Aidan: "No, we're just really good friends and missed spending time together."
Kim: "We'll see how long this 'just friends' thing lasts. This could be funny."
Aidan: "Ugh, really."
 I used another LTW change reward on Thad since he wished to retire. He is now wishing for the Perfect Mind, Perfect Body since athletic and logic are his highest skills, although I don't have too much hope in completing this so late in his life.
 He did find a meteor, though!

On her first day in the house, Wanda helps tend to the garden.
 Wanda: "So do you like being a police officer?"
Aidan: "Definitely! I really feel like I'm making the community a safer place, and my partner is really cool; we were both snitches together."
 Wanda: "Snitches? Like working with drug dealers and going undercover? That's really brave."
Aidan: "It's all worth it to protect the people. So...how do you like the house so far?"
 Wanda: "It's great! Your house is really big and spacious, but it still feels comfortable and lived in. I picked the nice orange and white bedroom to sleep in last night. I love being able to look out the window and see the ocean."
Aidan: "Yeah, that's one of my favorite parts about this house, too."
 Wanda: "I hope your parents don't mind me being here. I wouldn't want them mad at me; they seem very nice and friendly."
Aidan: "They are nice and friendly; that's why they don't mind. I told my mom about it last night, and she barely gave it a thought. Besides, my Aunt and her girlfriend used to live here, and it's felt a little empty since they moved out."
 Wanda: "In that case, they must just be waiting for some grandchildren to fill the house with! Ha!"
Aidan: "Hey, don't pressure me, ok? I'm just glad my parents haven't started those kinds of hints yet."
 Aidan: "None for grandchildren, at least."
Wanda: "I'm sure they're holding out hope, though. All parents do."
 UM. WHAT are you doing in here?!
 Runaway Papz: "Your door was unlocked, so..."
So???
 Runaway Papz: "I can't believe celebrities have such a terribly cat-scratched sofa."
Thad: "Yes, yes. We all hate it."

Thad: "Now WHAT are you DOING in my HOUSE?!"
Runaway Papz: "Gathering information, of course. My readers want to know why the young Wanda Bingley, teen actress and daughter of famous director Caroline Bingley, is now spending the night in the home of star ghost reporter Kim Diffy, and cozying up to her son."
Thad: "I'm a celebrity, too." ;-;
Runaway Papz: "Yes, yes, you had some success before retirement."
Thad: "I also saved you from dying in a fire, so there's that."
Runaway Papz: "That's last week, now moving on to what's happening this week."
Ok I'm done with you two.

Next time: Aidan and Wanda will continue spending lots of time together; will Kim's prediction come true?

8 comments:

  1. Aw, I love how Wanda is grumpy like Aiden. They seem good together, I'm rooting for them as a couple xD.

    The return of the fire-pap made me laugh, as did the person stuck in the floor. I get that glitch constantly, it's so annoying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rooting for them, too, honestly.

      I guess I need to build a fence to keep her out. I hate the stuck in the floor glitch! I usually can't tell who is stuck there, so I can't reset them. >.<

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Lol! I loved this update! Poor Aidan got stood up by Margarita. She'd better have a better excuse than a new engagement!

    Hilarious Andrew arguing with the floor.

    I like Wanda. Yep. No pressure for grandkids! Sorry Wanda, looks like you've been sucked into the Random Legacy. :) She has pretty eyes, though!

    And another LOL @ paparazzi just walking into the house. Poor Thad. I think his ego was a little bruised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah! Margarita just ditched him. I'm guessing something better came up.

      Andrew needs to get a grip, and find a pair of shoes.

      No pressure at all, of course! I think she is pretty, especially the eyes. Her facial features are exactly like her mother.

      I'm glad you got a lot of laughs out of this chapter; my main goal in this is to have fun, and provide something more light-hearted. I love reading other people's more serious stories, but to write them myself would be stressful on me because I play Sims as more of an escape from everyday problems.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Ah, the floor glitch really does suck, doesn't it? (every time, I get memories of my first RL where my founder got that glitch :( )

    You know, boys and girls living together can often end up being veeerrryyy close *nudge nudge wink wink* Wanda is very pretty, and they both have the grumpy trait in common too, and I think Kim might be on to something with her prediction ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hate it because I can't do too much about it. :/

      I'm sure you know how boys and girls living together often ends up, from your first generation. ;)
      Personally I think Kim is on to something, too.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. So will Andrew and the floor ever have a happily ever after?

    It's so sweet that both Adrian and Wanda are grumpy. Of all traits they could have in common, it had to be grumpy. Shame on Margarita for agreeing on a date, and then go and get engaged. Now let's see if Wanda can get Adrians mind of her, but he doesn't seem very heartbroken about it.

    That paparazzi.... Next time Thad has to let her burn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to find out about Andrew and the floor, lol!

      I'm glad they have something in common! And I can't help it, I like my grumpy Sims because it makes for funny faces!
      Yes, shame for backing out of it! Although I think it worked out for the best. Not too much loss for Aidan, there.

      Thad is not that heartless, but I wouldn't feel bad to look the other way.

      Thanks for reading. :D

      Delete